Data Privacy Consulting Services
We help major international companies generate, improve, and carry out GDPR and CCPA compliance plans, building client trust, and reducing overall risk.
The Importance of Data Privacy
Since the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) was passed in 2018, data privacy laws have been cropping up all over the world. They establish data privacy as a right rather than a privilege and ensure that companies everywhere know that compliance is crucial. Failing to follow GDPR and other local laws decreases customers’ trust – and can cost millions.
Because of GDPR and other similar laws, people have the right to access, delete, and correct their personal data; opt out of data processing and/or automated decision-making; transfer their data to other services; and know exactly how their data is being used.
Concerned about data privacy compliance?
Our consultants can help.
Path to Data Privacy
Consultants from Coppei will help you learn more about how data privacy legislation impacts your company and will create processes to keep you compliant. We focus on three crucial areas with the largest impact:
Our consultants will work directly with your legal experts to set up processes that bring regulatory requirements into technical plans for development teams. We’ll also set up monitoring systems so that you can stay on top of compliance.
Our consultants will work directly with your development teams to ensure data protection. We’ll put policies into action using experience-backed processes and programs, respond to rights requests, successfully carry out audits, and manage consent forms.
GDPR and other legal requirements don’t just apply to you. You are also responsible for ensuring that any third parties with access to your customers’ data are in compliance. We’ll help you set up a procurement process and establish vendor contracts that ensure your customers’ rights are protected.
Need to protect your customers and your company from data privacy risks? Speak with our experts to see how
How We’ll Work With You
We have a three-step process that helps us manage each area of data privacy. Whether you need help with one area or all, our process allows us to build you a state-of-the-art compliance process.
We’ll investigate your current controls and see how they stack up against regulatory requirements and your existing internal mechanisms.
We’ll design, develop, and implement business processes, including internal controls, business and development requirements, and a plan going forward. Our systems can also include tools for selecting vendors. We’ll then embed vendor selection into your larger operating systems with all of the appropriate change management communication and training.
Our software development experts can continually operate your data privacy software, ensuring that data privacy requests are managed in compliance with appropriate regulation. This includes measuring the success of your processes and running audits to ensure bugs are not introduced over time. We’ll also use Agile processes to continually iterate and improve your processes, particularly when new data privacy laws are passed.
Certified by OneTrust
OneTrust — the industry-leading data privacy system — partners with Coppei and certifies us as experts. We’re well positioned to help our customers use OneTrust as the center of their data privacy systems. Even though every business has a different system for data storage, OneTrust can track compliance across programs so that any stakeholder — you, the state, and your customers — can verify that you’re compliant.
Solutions for Your Customers
One of the most important capabilities your data privacy systems must have is managing requests from your customers to access and delete their personal data. To help you do this, we provide:
- Complete end-to-end solutions
- Communication systems
- OneTrust configuration
- Roll out
GDPR and other regulations require companies to allow their customers to opt in/out of data processing via cookies and other marketing tools. Our services in this area include:
- Consent management
- The OneTrust Consent Management Platform (CPM)
- CPM integration with your back end
- Implementation of the OneTrust preference center
- Localized cookie consent pop-ups
- Governance tools and processes for cookies
- Auditing and correcting issues with your current cookies
We also provide solutions for your internal governance processes, including an impact assessment that covers:
- Implementing the OneTrust Assessment Automation module
- Integrating OneTrust into your current infrastructure
- Loading your current IT assets into OneTrust
- Creating assessments
- Developing processes for determining, reviewing, and mitigating risks
- Configuring reports and dashboards with OneTrust and integrating OneTrust with your current data reports
- Creating unique trainings to demonstrate OneTrust assessments to your employees
- Operating and updating your PIA processes
Coppei also provides solutions that help you manage your vendors and ensure their data privacy compliance:
- Implementation of the OneTrust solution for vendor risk management and assessment
- Integration of your existing list of vendors and their information with OneTrust, which gives you access to risk profiles for over 70,000 vendors
- Data entry of your existing vendor contracts into OneTrust
- Connection of your IT assets and vendor inventory, which will allow you to ensure compliance and track risks
- Up-to-date Standard Contractual Clauses (SCCs) with any vendors outside of the EU/EEA
- Configuration of vendor assessment templates, risk ratings, and control frameworks
- Unique training materials
- Change management to ensure that employees across your organization know how to use all new tools and understands why they are important
Coppei consultants provide not only consulting, but also long-term software solutions that bring ongoing compliance benefits. Our software engineers can integrate compliance directly into your existing solutions or build new infrastructure from scratch — whichever your business requires.